Sunday, March 1, 2009

26 days out

Well here is my first blog post ever! I actually have no idea what to write nor how often that I will be able to update this once I reach Kyrgyzstan, but I'm gonna try my best to keep it current. Anyways as the title of this blog says I'm off to the Kyrgyz Republic in 26 days...crazy right. After all the time, effort, and hard work that it took to get me through the whole Peace Corps process this is finally becoming a reality. Am I nervous?! I'd be lying to you if i said no, I've been through a roller coaster of emotions already and I haven't even left the states lol Anyways most of you are probably wondering what exactly I'll be doing in Kyrgyzstan, guess what?! I'm wondering the same question. From what I can understand I'll be place in one of three situations 1) with a local NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) 2) in a high school or 3) with a Village Health Committee. In all of these I am encouraging and increasing health awareness capacity. (this is all in theory mind you and I will not know exactly until I get over there) Besides my constant search for any knowledge on Kyrgyzstan I've been busy attempting to learn Russian (whew such a hard language), working out like a fiend (gotta be in tip top shape) and "diligently" studying for my GRE's which I'll take before I leave. Anyways I'm running out of things to say and this was just supposed to be a test blog so I'll let you guys go.
-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment