Sunday, July 26, 2009

Its been a good week:-)


The past few weeks since I last blogged have been pretty sweet. I've kept busy, eating well (reletively) and am integrating into my community. As usual my orphans always keep me on my toes but this week even more so. Ususally my diet at the orphanage summer camp consist of Kasha (imagine watery cream of wheat) for breakfast and soup for lunch and dinner....EVERYDAY!!!!!! The soup is usually little more than broth and some potatoes and the Kasha gets old real fast.... Honestly though I can't complain because its free food and my orphans are eating a lot better than most kids in their situation. Anyways back to why I've been eating well this week, we've had watermelon, carrots, cabbage, tons of other veggies and rice!!!! I know these things don't mean that much to you guys back home but here they are like gold, sooooooo delicious. To add to that feast a company in Karakol donated a case of candy bars, which while very nice, it meant that my kids were bouncing off the walls all week. As for keeping busy and integrating into my community I've recently begun training in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). If you don't know what it is google it and you'll see that its pretty intense. My trainer/partner happens to be the Kyrgyzstan national champion at 80kgs so im in good hands. He says that I may be ready for a real fight in 6-7 months so im super excited! My trainer also has a break dance team so last night he invited me to watch his team perform at a local club and they are very impressive. Its really cool to have a local friend. Our communication is sometimes comical because he knows about as much English as I do Russian. (which my Russian is getting better by the day so I may have to stop using that reference) Anyways things are continuing to go smoothely here, and if you feel up to it hit me up with an email or a phone call or if ur really ambitious send a packages, any communication is appriciated:-)

Note: the picture I've posted is where I work during the summer, the camp is by the pier on the left side behind the trees, hahaha my life is sooooo hard;-)
-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment