Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday a patch of dry grass caught fire at the summer camp. As soon as my kids ran in and told me what was happening I immediately grabbed my phone to call the fire department.... only to realize that there was no fire department near by lol As I was thinking what to do next my kids (mind you I have some as young as 6) snapped into action and started putting the fire out themselves!!! They were hauling water up from the beach and using wet brooms to snuff out the embers. I was extremely proud and impressed by what my kids did in a pinch. I asked my coworkers if fires happened often and they said that it was the first fire ever at the camp. We are still mystified with the cause of the fire and I am even more surprised with how my kids knew exactly what to do, they truly are amazing:-) Interestingly enough the boys at the orphange have been caught twice for smoking (which I have an inkling feeling that a still lit cigarette butt caused the fire) and once for stealing fruit from our neighbors garden, so as much as I've been praising them they also have had some serious tongue lashings as well lol On a side note I was thinking the other day (I have tons of time just to sit and think lol) that at 22 I am very grateful to have seen and done so much at 22, Life is Good:-)
-Peace

1 comment:

  1. That's scary, but good that they knew what to do...heck they could've just peed on it...Glad it ended well : )

    ReplyDelete