Sunday, August 23, 2009

Great Weekend:-)

So normally I wait at least a week until I post a new blog but this weekend was just so good I felt it necessary to post early. lol After spending time in the hospital with Sergei I was finally able to get some R&R at home. Productivity was the name of the game this weekend. I typed out my program travel reports, a new exercise lesson plan for a camp I'm doing next week, and put a proposal in to Peace Corps asking them to allow me to tour other volunteers orphanages and draft a report detailing their respective situations. After that was done it was WEDDING TIME!!!! One of my coworkers got married this weekend (this would be my 4th wedding in country, including my own :-P) and it was a really nice affair. They asked me to be the camera man during the drive around town (don't ask me its a Kyrgyzstan thing I guess) and it felt like I was riding shotgun in a HUMVEE in Iraq, the camera is all jumpy and such because of the roads. Being camera man was cool for about 15 minutes then it got reeeeeeal lame because people keep shouting at you in Russian to get the "best" angle/shot. I was glad when that task was over. Anyways, it sucks that althought I've been to so many weddings, I missed my brother's on July 4th :-(, such is the cost of being a Peace Corps volunteer I guess. After, well actually during the wedding I dipped out for a MMA training session, it was one of the best sessions that I've ever had. We went about 90% and man did I get worked!!! Suffice to say striking is not my forte, but after the first round my trainer taught me a new defence (somewhat like Randy Coutours for those of you who know MMA) and I was back in it. I think for now my style going to be ground and pound with a lot of Jujitsu mixed it, I'm really really good at both of those (thanks to 7 years of wrestling) but yeah even though I got clocked a few times it was a great session and I learned a lot. Best part about the training was that afterwards I went back to the wedding (yeah it lasted from 11am to 8pm) and smashed on some plov and got to dance the night away, twas a great time :-)
-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment